PenMount Further Refines Standard Firmware
01/24/2019 | Bulletin No : PMY19001
Happy New Year from the PenMount team! In 2019, PenMount will continue developing functionality customers need to make PenMount projected capacitive (PCAP) touch controllers the most complete and convenient on the market and drive the innovation necessary to expand the touch experience into new roles and domains. PenMount launched new PCAP controller firmware V6.0.1 in September of last year which has been unanimously affirmed by customers. PenMount will release PCAP controller firmware version 6.1.0 at the end of January. This new firmware will provide the following enhancements:
- Conducted Susceptibility (CS) Standard: enhanced frequency hopping technology can pass IEC 61000-4-6 CS 15V testing standard. This allows PenMount controllers to operate smoothly and effectively in the noisiest environments. In addition, PenMount PCAP touch solutions only require 18V Drive Voltage to pass 15V CS (market solutions require 30V Drive Voltage to pass 10V CS) which improves EMI performance and conserves power.
- Enhanced Noise Immunity: a new option in PCIUtility will allow users to activate enhanced noise immunity based on our new enhanced frequency hopping methodology in order to filter interference whether high or low frequency (i.e. dental scalers, CNC machines, and vehicles) or in extremely noisy environments.
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD): passes IEC61000-4-2 ESD Air 15KV Level 4 Criteria A testing. In terms of ESD testing, 15KV is a very stringent benchmark and under Criteria A, the test unit cannot malfunction during the test. In a 15KV ESD environment, PenMount touch solutions will not generate false touch signals nor initiate water handling, ensuring normal touch operations for customers in dry situations prone to electrostatic discharge.
- Increased Resolution: as LCD panel technology advances, customers are adopting panels of increasing resolutions and AMT will continue to meet the needs of the market by increasing touch panel resolution to 4,096 X 4,096.
In addition, PenMount PCAP standard firmware version 6.1.0 retains its wealth of powerful functions that can be used simultaneously and reliably. These functions include:
- Enhanced Support for Thick Cover Lens: standard AMT touch panels can use cover lenses from 1.1mm to 4mm.
- Advanced Water Handling: the presence of water on the touch surface is rigorously screened to prevent false touch signals.
- Superior Temperature Adaptability: PenMount’s proprietary System Reference (SR) technology adapts quickly to rapid temperature changes to enhance the touch experience.
- Gloved Operation: firmware automatically detects hands or thick gloves so operational parameters do not require adjustment when switching between gloved and ungloved operation, so either form of operation can be used at any time.
- Virtual Keys: setup and define virtual keys for one-touch execution of shortcuts and commands.
For details regarding PenMount products, please contact our sales representatives.
You are welcome to download all of PenMount’s standard product data and drivers directly from our website at: http://www.amtouch.com.tw or http://www.penmount.com. If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to email us at [email protected] or [email protected].
Apex Material Technology Corp.
Address: No. 84, WuXun Street, Anle District, Keelung City 20446, Taiwan
TEL: + 886-2-2430 2666
FAX: + 886-2-2430 3255
Email: [email protected]
North American Sales Office – AMTouch USA, Inc.
Address: 4055 N 128th Street Brookfield, WI 53005, USA
TEL: + 1-414-847-1814
FAX: + 1-414-445-1968
Email: [email protected]usa.com