PenMount PCI Touch Controllers Support IoT
03/23/2017 | Bulletin No : PMY17003
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a type of information carrier similar to the Internet and telecommunications networks. It is a network that can allow all independently functioning devices to achieve interoperability. Its range of application is very broad for example: transportation and logistics, health and medicine, smart environment (home, office, factory), etc. Through the classification and analysis of data, ultimately, it can be aggregated into big data. Thus, the IoT is indispensible to current industrial computers. In this edition of PenMount Bulletin, we will answer common questions regarding PenMount projected capacitive (PCAP or PCI) touch controller support for IoT applications.
The system requirements of customer IoT projects can be roughly divided into two types. There is Windows 10 IoT Core which is used in ARM and x86 architecture hardware and currently supports many development devices such as 64 bit ARMV8 architecture Raspberry Pi versions 2/3 and x86 architecture processor MinnowBoard MAX. The other type consists of numerous ARM architecture Linux systems used in small, embedded touch devices. These device UIs normally employ Apps since a comprehensive desktop windowed experience is not provided.
In terms of Windows 10 IoT Core systems or Linux systems, PenMount driver support or methodology is as follows:
Windows 10 IoT Core
- USB Interface: for Windows 7 or later versions, digitizer and inbox drivers are included in all PCI touch controllers. Thus, PenMount PCI products can be used upon connection with the system in Windows 10 IoT Core’s ARM or x86 architectures and do not require additional driver installation.
- RS-232 Interface: in ARM architecture, PenMount will provide follow-up service for universal driver development according to project requirements. For x86 architectures, the current universal driver can be used to integrate PenMount PCI products into your system.
- I2C Interface: PenMount can assist with customer system integration according to project design architecture.
- USB/RS-232 Interfaces: currently, most ARM or x86 architectures utilize Linux kernel 3.2 or later platforms. These platforms have built-in support for PenMount touch device drivers and do not require additional driver installation.
- I2C Interface: PenMount can provide our universal driver source code to customers for system integration.
Recently, PenMount has successfully supported numerous customer IoT projects. Whether in the Windows 10 IoT Core system or common Linux versions, PenMount has the professional technology and experience to assist customers in successfully incorporating PCI touch products. Most industrial computer customers use Intel CPU x86 architecture. PenMount can assist customers in integrating PenMount PCI touch controller product drivers into Windows 10 IoT Core. Similarly, if customers use Linux OS, PenMount can provide convenient service and support. Whether ARM or x86 architecture, PenMount has already prepared a Linux OS inbox driver. Whether USB or RS-232 interface, PenMount PCI touch products are plug and play.
PenMount’s design philosophy involves added consideration on behalf of customers and understanding real customer needs. Through providing comprehensive touch solutions, we help customers introduce PCI touch products into their projects. The smooth progress of your projects is our ultimate goal. PenMount has also prepared complete utilities to satisfy your common user setting requirements and facilitate the design and development of your products. If you have any questions or product inquiries, you are welcome to contact our sales window and we will provide you with further information.
You are welcomed to download all of PenMount’s standard product data and drivers directly from our website at: http://www.amtouch.com.tw or http://www.penmount.com. If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to email us at [email protected] or [email protected].
Apex Material Technology Corp.
Address: No. 84, WuXun Street, Anle District, Keelung City 20446, Taiwan
TEL: + 886-2-2430 2666
FAX: + 886-2-2430 3255
Email: [email protected]
North American Sales Office – AMTouch USA, Inc.
Address: 4055 N 128th Street Brookfield, WI 53005, USA
TEL: + 1-414-847-1814
FAX: + 1-414-445-1968
Email: [email protected]