Microsoft Windows Vista and later operating system versions have increased support for touch devices:
- Touch control completely supported under Windows Vista / 7 Professional and later OS versions.
- Touch function settings only partially supported under Windows Vista / 7 Starter.
- The Tablet PC Feature Suite must be selected to use touch control under Windows Embedded Standard 7.
- The Desktop Experience Suite must be separately installed to use touch control under Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2.
- Windows 8 / Windows Embedded 8 Standard / Windows Server 2012 support touch functions by default.
Install the latest PenMount driver V188.8.131.525, the Windows 2000/ XP system will emulate a mouse device. If installed in Windows 2008/Vista/ 7/ 8 mouse emulation or touch device can be selected in the installation process.
Note: Since default Windows Server 2008 does not include the “Desktop Experience” suite, we recommend you install mouse emulation to avoid false touch issues.