In addition to resisitve touch screens with a film surface, AMT has also successfully developed touch screens that utilize a top layer of thin glass which AMT has designated as a GFG (Glass-Film-Glass) touch screen. The surface of a GFG panel is even more resistant to scratches, high temperatures, and is easier to clean.
The GFG touch screen structure employs 0.2mm thin glass on top of the resistive touch screen. Thin glass features anti-scratch properties. When applying thin glass with a clear surface finish, hardness will reach 5 Mohs. GFG touch surface coatings include clear and Anti-Glare finishes. GFG touch screens are not only resistant to scratches and abrasion but also most chemicals, making GFG touch screens appropriate for the following purposes:
- Industrial Applications
- Medical Equipment
- Equipment for the Food Industry
- Adverse and severe working conditions such as in gas stations or chemical plants
- Various marine, transportation, or air transportation operating systems
If the GFG panel is to be mounted onto equipment for outdoor use, it is also customizable with a low-reflection coating.
- Sizes: 3” to 19”(0.2mm thin glass)
- Corrosion and scratch resistance, suitable for chemical-laden environments, easily-cleaned surface
- Customizable Surface Finish: Clear or Anti-glare surface
- Average Activation Force: 0.5N ~ 1.5N
- Surface Hardness:
- for clear type thin glass: > Mohs 5
- for AG type thin glass: 7H
- Light transmission rate: Over 80%
- Operating temperature: -30 ~ 80˚C
- Storage temperature: -40 ~ 90˚C
- Linearity: Under 1.5%
- Standard GFG Structure
- Low Reflective GFG Structure
Almost all of AMT’s standard products can be customized with a GFG structure. Please contact our sales staff for customization.