Resistive Controller IC’s
PenMount resistive controller ICs are available for customer integration into their own systems. Controller ICs support both RS-232 and USB interfaces.
- PenMount 6000: Both RS232 & USB interfaces
- PenMount 9000: RS232 interface
Every controller IC comes with drivers and supports all 4-, 5-, and 8-wire resistive touch screens.
PenMount 6000 Controller Chipset (RoHS Compliant)
PenMount 6000 touch screen controllers offer the best performance among all touch screen controllers and is designed with PnP features to conform to new system trends. The PenMount 6000 has been designed for those who desire an all-in-one solution with a 10-bit A/D converter built-in.
PenMount 6000 Hardware Data
|Touch Screen:||4, 5 , 8-wire|
|Communications:||RS-232 19200 / 9600 baud rateUSB Full-speed, 12Mbps|
|Sample Rate||160 points per second (minimal)|
|Resistance Range :||50~1.3K ohm|
|Operating Voltage:||+3.3V ~ +5V DC ± 5%|
|Operating Temperature:||-40 ℃ to +85 ℃|
|Storage Temperature:||-65 ℃ to +150 ℃|
|Power Consumption||Standby Mode : 13.4 mA ; Active Mode : 24.6 mA|
(VCC=+5V, Top sheet Panel Resistance: 274Ω;
Bottom sheet Panel Resistance: 770Ω)
PM6000 Controller Driver Software
- RS232 interface：DOS, Windows 2000/ XP/ XPE/ 2003/ 2008/ Vista/ 7 / 8/ 10, Windows CE 5.0/ 6.0(for X86, Armv4, Armv4i platform), Windows Embedded Compact 7/ 2013(for X86, Armv7, MIPSII platform), Linux (Kernel 3.x and X-Window mode), QNX 6.2/ 6.3.2/ 6.4.1/ 6.5
- USB interface：Windows 2000/ XP/ XPE/ 2003/ 2008/ Vista/ 7 / 8/ 10, Windows CE 5.0/ 6.0(for X86, Armv4, Armv4i platform), Windows Embedded Compact 7/ 2013(for X86, Armv7, MIPSII platform), Linux OS (Kernel 3.x and X-Window mode), QNX 6.4.1/ 6.5 (Inbox support)
PenMount 9000 Controller Chipset (RoHS Compliant)
The PenMount 9000 is designed to exhibit excellent performance with RS-232 interfaces. The PenMount 9000 has been designed for those who desire an all-in-one solution with an A/D converter built-in. For larger screen area compensation, it is sometimes necessary to use an 8 or 5-wire touch panel instead of a 4-wire structure with these individual controllers. PenMount 9000 controllers work properly with 4, 8 and 5-wire touch panels in a way that is totally transparent to the user.
PenMount 9000 Hardware Data
Please refer to the data sheet describing the ATmega8L-8AU from ATMEL for more details.
PM9000 Controller Driver Software
- DOS, Windows 3.1/ NT4.0
- Windows 98/ Me
- Windows 2000/ XP/ 2003/ 2008/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 10
- Linux (up to kernel 3.x), QNX 6.2/ 6.3.2/ 6.4.1/ 6.5
- Windows CE 5.0/ 6.0(for X86, Armv4, Armv4i platform), Windows Embedded Compact 7/ 2013 (for X86, Armv7, MIPSII platform)
- Solaris 10/11