Touch Window (TW)
In order to meet the demand for frameless touch screen designs on many new products, AMT developed a bezel-less touch screen structure called Touch Window. AMT’s Touch Window has the following characteristics:
- Décor Film with customer logo is mounted to the surface.
- Edges are customizable with rounded corners and other shapes.
- Touch Windows can also be customized with holes, cutouts, or indentations.
- Various tail types
In order to compliment Touch Window structure, various tailing options were developed by AMT for customer selection. Two tailing methods popular among customers are, either cutting out a slot in the glass backer or forming an indentation on the backer on the tail side, both of which prevent the FPC tail from being compressed.
- Film-Film-Glass Construction (Generally the width and length of the upper film are larger than the corresponding dimensions of the bottom glass by 0.75mm to account for the size tolerance of the glass backer.)
- Film-Film-Film- PC Construction (5 layers)
- Customizable 4-, 5- and 8-wire design and Multi-Finger touch
- Customizable backer materials of glass, Polycarbonate, and PMMA
- Various thickness selections
- Customizable tailing methods (indentation or cutout)
- Customizable plating service, including drilling, rounded-corner grinding, etc.