Lucent Gel is a pliable silicone based solid optically clear adhesive (SOCA). Produced under strict environmental controls, Lucent Gel is transparent, UV-resistant, and can withstand a wide range of temperatures and humidity. Lucent Gel can be produced thick to fill imperfections and increase adhesion.
Lucent Gel has the following characteristics:
- Very ductile and pliable
- Suitable for uneven surfaces
- Fills gaps
- High adhesion
- Resists extreme temperatures
- Clarity and brightness increased 10% compared to Air bonding
- Better optical characteristics compared to liquid bonding
- Will not yellow
The Lucent Gel Advantage
Solid silicone based adhesives possess a number of advantages. Comparisons of solid and liquid optically clear adhesives (LOCA) and silicone and acrylic-based adhesives are as follows:
- Evenly thickness, best optical effected
- High adhesion gel, able to use on low Dyne number substrate surface
- Easy lamination process, shorten process time with high yield rate
- Material Type: Silicone-based
- Size: 3.5” ~ 27″ or entire sheet size
- Thicknesses: 0.3 ~ 1.2 mm, and other thicknesses
- Operation Temperature: -50°C to +140°C
- Appearance: Colorless
- Hardness: 14mm (51g, 1/8 inch foot, 5 seconds) under needle penetration conditions.
- Light transmittance: 94.1% with Gorilla Glass under 25°C/400 nm conditions.
- Refractive index: 1.40-1.41 under 20°C/589nm conditions.
- Specific gravity: <1
- Tensile strength at break: 1.27 N/mm based on JIS K 6815-1 standard 1.0mm thickness
- Thermal conductivity: 0.18 W/m‧K
- Volume resistivity: >1012 Ohm‧cm³
- Dielectric constant: 2.93 under 50Hz(x10-4), 2.89 under 1kHz(x10-4), and 2.89 under 1MHz(x10-4).
- Outgassing: 392.9 when extracted by pentane solvent for 16 hours and 64.9 when sample was heated at 70°C under the conditions (D3~D10)/ppm