Multi-Finger (MF) Touch
In order to confirm actions and ensure safety, certain types of industrial equipment must be operated with more than one simultaneous touch. To address this, AMT researched and successfully developed the MF touch screen with multi-finger touch supported by PenMount controllers. The design concept of MF touch screens originally emerged from confirmation keys used to allay operation and safety concerns. MF touch screens enable additional protection mechanisms to prevent damage to equipment or operators. MF touch screens have the following characteristics:
MF touch screens support both single touch and simultaneous multiple touch. Currently a maximum of 12 touches can be registered simultaneously.
- Division of touch areas is customizable.
- Each touch area can function independently as an individual touch screen.
- Each touch area can be switched “OFF” or “ON”.
- Sizes from 3” ~ 22”
- Linearity: Under 1.5%
MF PenMount Controller
- The PenMount M1 controller chipset and PenMount 6250 control board are available per customer request
- Supports both USB and RS-232 interfaces
- Supports most operating systems including Windows and Linux
- API (application program interface) is provided.
- Gesture input is supported.
- Drivers are downloadable on AMT website free of charge.